Monday, January 24, 2011

Today was my younger daughter's first day of preschool.  She will be three at the beginning of March so I was really torn about sending her so young.  The school is for children with special needs so she will be receiving speech, occupational therapy, and have special education to work on her socialization and behavior needs.  Logically, as an educator, I know this is what is best for her.  As a mom, I have been a mess all day!  

I took the morning off from work so we could drop her off as a family.  Then I ran some errands with my older daughter before putting her on the bus to go to the very same school for the afternoon session.  I then waited about twenty minutes and it was time to get my younger daughter off the bus.  Both girls attend half day but during different shifts based on their needs, age, and the classes available.

My munchkin had a great first day!  Everything went smoothly.  She was so proud of herself and excited to tell me a few small details about snack and playing (not much info but it was something).  If today is any indication, I made the right decision to send her even if I did not have the support of my relatives.  Sometimes the hard choices are for the best.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment