Friday, January 7, 2011

On your mark, get set...

It seems to have taken me a week or more to finally get to work on this new endeavor of mine.  I completely over-obsessed about the name.  Let's just say I consulted my trusty thesaurus and made many lists this week.  I have a new-found awe of the amazing bloggers I currently follow.  Gals, your sites are really amazing!  I still cannot figure out how to do many of the neat formatting and design concepts I have in mind; I suppose that will be part of this journey.  

As I document my experiences and brainstorms, I will surely touch on a broad range of topics (hence the mention of prattle in my description).  My battles with food and the scale will definitely be mentioned as they saturate my mind most days. 

I am both excited and frightened with this venture.  I value my anonymity so putting my inner most feelings out there for all to see is a HUGE risk for me.  I welcome comments and feedback so keep in touch, readers!  




Enough with the intro, now on to today's topic.  After losing a substantial amount of weight and keeping it off for a year, the pounds have started to pile back on.  Most who have lost weight can surely relate to this as maintenance is supposed to be far more difficult than losing.  

In the past, it was quite obvious what was causing me to regain lost weight and then some...binging!  In my current situation, this is not the case.  I no longer consume entire cakes, boxes of cookies, gallons of ice cream, you name it.  I followed quite a restricted diet to lose my weight and have slowly re-introduced foods. 

Since I am a planner and problem solver, I have been tracking my exercise this week and trying to snack a bit more carefully (especially since I was quite sloppy around the holidays).  I surpassed the goals I set for this week so I am praying this will motivate me to keep it up.  

My self-consciousness about my body looms in my mind all day.  I am working diligently to ignore the negativity and stay focused on my fitness goals.  After all, even the surgeon general says people can be healthy at any weight...being fit and eating healthy are what matter.

Food for thought.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment