Monday, January 17, 2011

Exciting New Reads



As I have become a more active blog follower, a few titles keep coming up on different sites and have caught my attention.  I searched online and found amazing prices through an external seller on Amazon and ordered Lessons From The Fat-O-Sphere and Life Does Not Begin 5 Pounds From Now.

I have tried reading different books on related topics in the past but was in a very different place emotionally.  Reading books on accepting my body while binging excessively was not going to help me learn to love myself.  Since placing my focus on just being more healthy, I am feeling better and hoping if I continue my efforts this will be the trend.

I did not realize there is such a positive movement in society to increase awareness and acceptance of people who are not thin.  I feel torn between wanted to get on board and worrying it will be my downfall (excuse to go back to binging).  Again, it all comes back to perspective and simply doing what I need to do and letting the scale go where is goes.

Something to continue pondering and praying on...great topic on this day of acceptance of others regardless of their appearance.   

3 comments:

  1. i've been thinking about reading that lessons from the fat-o-sphere. let me know if it's any good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol first off, i love that last pic.

    And as a plus size girl, i'll definitely check out the books. They seem interesting.

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments gals! So excited to get my amazon book order. I will definitely post reviews when I finish the books.

    ReplyDelete