Thursday, January 20, 2011


Today is day two of my 30 day shopping ban.  I have caught myself checking sales and prices of items I have been keeping an eye on (like the Gap city flat in black which is suddenly 30% off with a promo, AND they finally have my size).  I suppose I will have to come up with some incentive for sticking to this other than the obvious financial benefits.  Ideas?

I was in a funk on Monday so I didn't do my scheduled exercise, other than insane snow shoveling, until last night.  I was frustrated with some family nonsense so I was able to do two days worth of mileage and time on the stationary bike.  That is what I call anger and resentment put to a positive use!

While things have been looking up in the self confidence department overall, I still find that I am putting myself down for my weight and feeling insecure.  Reading "fatshion" blogs really does help.  I guess it is seeing others who are similar in body-type that take time to care for their appearance and dress really fashionably.  I sure wish the internet was around when I was a teenager!  It could have saved me years of looking to stick-thin classmates and supermodels for reassurance that I am socially acceptable only to compare and despair.  Lesson learned (for today).


I found the great photo above on Google Images.  Not sure where it came from but whomever made it, props to you!  I would love a floor mat like this.  What a great, motivational, message to start and end my day with.

So until next time readers, "keep calm and carry on".

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, "Keep Calm and Carry On" has their own website and sells various products with this slogan printed on it! How fun! Worth checking out...http://www.keepcalmandcarryon.com/

    ReplyDelete