Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shopping Ban

I am an addict it seems in all my affairs.  I have managed to stay away from binge eating with success however, my behavior has once again cropped up in shopping.  I have a BIG problem with sales, "it's only ____ dollars!", coupons and the worst offender is online shopping.  For some reason, I do not feel like I am really spending money when I click that "submit order" button.  I also love getting packages. 

In an effort to free myself from this problem, and save my family's finances, I have decided to try not to shop for a month.  For now, I am going to focus on a week (or day if need be) at a time.

As I type this, the little voice in my head is reminding me that none of my spring clothes from last year...

Ok, so I took a break from composing this to go through my spring selections and realized that I will be fine!  Button downs can be worn all year because my building is air-conditioned and I have a bunch of cardigans that I can mix and match with different tees and tanks.

Phew!

Ok, so my month off shopping starts today!  EEK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment