Monday, January 31, 2011

As I anxiously await the arrival of yet another snow storm, I am contemplating my spring wardrobe.  My clothes from last spring/summer will not fit so I have to build around the few items I have since found on great clearance sales and some early fall pieces that can double for spring.

I have always been too focused on quantity of separates rather than buying clothes as outfits.  In an attempt to make use of what I already have and build around it, I am filtering out clothing that does not currently fit and relocating it in my house.  I am still in the process of doing this.  I think I need to get another storage bin to make this an easier task.

I organized my fashion jewelry over the weekend and it has already made life much easier when choosing accessories.  If I have the anticipated snow day off from work tomorrow, I think I will tackle my scarves.  I have been eyeing two adorable spring scarves from Old Navy but am trying to hold off buying them.  How many scarves does a girl really need?  ...especially with the number of necklaces I own!



The other items I need to look at are my tanks and camis.  I feel more comfortable layering under tops to create a smoother line.  I am not ready to wear any Spanx-like item but a nice cami definitely helps with my lumps and bumps in the belly region.  I would like to get some cute ones to layer with maybe a detail at the neckline to peek at the top of a cardi or button-down.

The last items I am looking for are a pair of black, work appropriate, sandals.  I found a pair I really like on CSN but they are out of my size.  Fortunately, the site offers an option where they email customers when items return to stock.  Let's just say I check my inbox too often for said email.  The sandals are really nice in brown also so they are my back-up if the black doesn't return to stock.  


What's on your to-do list to prepare your wardrobe for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment