Saturday, January 8, 2011

Super Mom


Like most, my life has not turned out according to my genius plan.  I thought I would get married, work a few years, have 2.5 children and stay home until my children were teenagers and went off to college.

The reality?  I am married with two children but work full time.  I should really be thankful that as a teacher, I have more convenient hours for being an involved parent than others.  Unfortunately, I am still learning to accept my lot in life and continue to want things my way and therefore, complain and resent my husband.

The point of my mini-pity party is that after working all week, cleaning the house, cooking, taking care of the children, etc etc; I am off to grocery shop and return home to do more.  Where is my husband on this lovely Saturday?  He is fulfilling his usual role of making sure the couch does not float away and supporting the electric company with his television viewing.

I have had many discussions about this societal issue with friends and coworkers.  While we can all relate, not one of us has been able to come up with a viable solution to this issue of unrealistic expectations for working women in America.  It seems our great "liberation" has only given us double the work.

Well, the clock is ticking and I have grocery shopping to do.  Shoprite is having their spectacular "Can, Can" sale.  I wouldn't want to miss that...

Some food for thought.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment