Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday nights, I usually try on clothes I haven't worn in a while to get them back in to circulation in my wardrobe.  This task also gives me an idea of what I will wear during the days ahead.  As helpful as this can be, it has been quite a downer in recent months as I have been steadily gaining weight.

Not sure if I have shared my weight journey so here is the abbreviated version...
  • battled weight all of my life
  • lost 100 pounds by severely restricting food intake/choices and a 12 step program
  • started antidepressants for depression/anxiety and gained 15+ pounds quickly
  • stopped meds but felt worse than before so went back on...they work, what can I say
  • have continued to gain and petrified to get on scale
  • went from a size 24 (roughly 260lbs) to a 12
  • currently a 16 heading to an 18
  • less restricted in foods but haven't binged in two years (definite victory)
Two c-sections later and a whole lot of roller-coaster dieting, my body does not bounce back like it once did.  Being this size is so different than the past because I am a loose, jiggly mess.  My tummy droops and is lumpy under clothes.  This is doing a number on my already low confidence.

I am still ahead of the game in terms of weight loss and have been trying to focus on self acceptance rather than size or the scale.  I exercise regularly and eat a healthy variety of foods.  The problem is I cannot keep buying the next size up!  I just don't know what to do...

How do you approach clothes getting tight?  Weight maintenance?
I am the only plus size gal out of my social circle.  Feel free to comment as I could really use so insight. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment