Saturday, February 26, 2011


I was off this week for mid-winter break.  I have spent the days driving my munchkins to and from preschool, eating clearance Valentine's Day candy, contemplating how awful I am for not exercising in over a week, and feeling all around melancholy.  

It is pretty hard to believe that I have some glimmer of hope at to prospect of going back to work on Monday.  Don't get me wrong...living in sweats and spending time with my girls is wonderful.  I have much regret over not being a stay at home mom.  The regularity of my work schedule and the need to dress up, wear makeup and do my hair is something I seem to need for my sanity.  For some reason, I can not bring myself to do these things unless I have somewhere "real" to go. 
 
The realization that I do not know how to relax is settling in.  I mean, to take it easy takes effort on my part.  I have to consciously think about relaxing and that seems to defeat the purpose on some level.  

I think I need to dust myself off and get back on the bandwagon of my exercise routine and making some kind of effort with my appearance this weekend.  Maybe if I put it out in cyberspace, I will be more likely to follow through.  

Before this weekend is over, I will shower, put on some lip gloss, wear jeans, and do some form of exercise.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment